VOLUNTEER WAIVER, RELEASE, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate in political outreach programs partially or wholly coordinated by Knock for Democracy Inc. (the "Trip"), I hereby acknowledge and agree that Knock for Democracy, Inc. ("KFD") is not responsible or liable for any illness, injuries (including death) or loss that I or my property may suffer as a result of my participation in the Trip.
- I am a volunteer and am participating in the Trip without promise or expectation of any payment. My participation is purely voluntary, not controlled nor mandated by KFD.
- If I am under the age of 18, I will participate in the Trip only with the express written consent of my parent or guardian, which will be emailed to email@example.com, and with my parent or guardian signing this Volunteer Waiver, Release, and Indemnity Agreement.
- I am fully aware that the Trip involves dangers, hazards and risks, some of which KFD and I can anticipate, and some of which cannot be anticipated, but which may arise during the course of the Trip. I could be injured or otherwise harmed by accidents, acts of nature, or my own or others" negligent or intentional acts. KFD has taken some steps to reduce the chances of injuries or harm, KFD has no control over most risks, and, thus, cannot and does not guarantee my safety. I take full responsibility for myself and assume the risk of harm or damage during the Trip.
- I agree to assume all dangers, hazards and risks arising from my participation in the Trip, and I hereby agree to waive, discharge, release and covenant not to sue KFD, its officers, employees, contractors and volunteers (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all losses, claims, demands, actions, or causes of action (collectively, "Losses") that that might arise from or relating to my participation in the Trip, and to hold the Releasees harmless therefrom.
- To protect myself and others during the Trip, I agree to the following:
- I will not use alcohol or illegal drugs, or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, at any time during the Trip;
- I am in good health and physical condition and am able to participate in the Trip;
- I will follow all CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 infection, along with any guidance from KFD, and I will wear a well-fitting KN-95 mask or the equivalent at all times while traveling in a vehicle during the Trip. Further, I will not participate in the Trip if, in the five days prior to the Trip, I have tested positive for COVID-19 or have any COVID-19 symptoms. Further, if I have tested positive for COVID-19 between five and fifteen days prior to the Trip, I will not participate in the Trip unless I have produced a negative rapid antigen test before the Trip;
- I will obey all laws, regulations, and rules at all times during the Trip; and
- If I am under age 18, I will be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for me during the Trip.
- If my intentional actions or negligence causes an injury or loss to another, I accept the liability and will repair, or make reparations for, the harm done.
- It is my intent to bind my family and my heirs, assigns, and personal representatives to this agreement.
- I give KFD and its licensees (the "Licensees") the perpetual right to capture still and motion pictures of me, and to use my name, voice, appearance, image, likness, biographical information, and statements that I have made (collectively, the "Materials"), in any form or media. I understand that unless I created the Materials (e.g., photographs that I take), I have no ownership rights in the Materials, and that for Materials I share with the Licensees or otherwise make publicly available, I grant the Licensees the right to use the Materials for any purpose that supports the mission of KFD. I also understand the Licensees have no obligation to use the Materials or any of the rights set forth herein. I waive and release any claims I may have against the Licensees and their officers, directors, employees, contractors, and agents based upon or arising from such uses as authorized herein, including without limitation, any right to inspect or approve the references to me or the use of the Materials, any claims for invasion of privacy, defamation, and copyright infringement or for any fees for such use.
VOLUNTEER DRIVER AGREEMENT
APPLICABLE ONLY IF YOU ELECT TO VOLUNTEER AS A DRIVER FOR CARPOOLING TO EVENTS
In consideration for being allowed to drive a KFD rented or owned vehicle, or to provide a non-KFD vehicle to transport volunteers, as part of the Trip, and to to ensure the safety of all volunteers, I agree, represent and warrant as follows:
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I AGREE TO IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
- I have a valid Driver's License, and am at least 21 years old.
- If I am driving a vehicle not provided by KFD, whether owned by me or any other person, I am fully and solely responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local laws governing vehicle ownership and any related insurance requirements, and for ensuring it is properly maintained and in safe mechanical condition as required by law.
- If I will be transporting others, I will provide proof of automobile insurance and submit to a Motor Vehicle Report in order to participate.
- I have not caused, or been at fault in, any vehicle collisions in the past 24 months.
- I have not received more than one moving violation in the past 24 months.
- I have never received any DUI violations (driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs).
- I will obey all applicable traffic and parking regulations, ordinances, and laws.
- If I incur parking or other fines during the Trip, I will be personally responsible for payment of such fines.
- I have automobile insurance that provides primary coverage in case of an accident up to the amount of the insured coverage. KFD does not cover, nor is responsible for, comprehensive and collision damage to a non-KFD vehicle.
- If I decide to drive a non-KFD vehicle for the Trip, in response to a request from KFD, I may request reimbursement for gas and tolls up to $50 (Fifty Dollars) per Trip. Reimbursement requests can be made here. Reimbursements will not be made if I drive a non-KFD vehicle without being asked by KFD.